Wayne Rooney will stay at Manchester United – Ferguson

By

Sir Alex Ferguson has promised that Wayne Rooney will still be a Manchester United player next season.
The England striker, 27, was dropped by Ferguson for Tuesday’s round of 16 tie second leg against Real Madrid, with Danny Welbeck preferred.
This led to widespread reports in Thursday’s national newspapers that the England striker would be sold by United in the summer.
“He’ll be here next year,” Ferguson said. “You can have my word on that.”
Ferguson was also speaking for the first time about Nani’s controversial sending off in the 3-2 aggregate loss to Madrid. “This is the third time we’ve been knocked out by the referee’s decision, it’s not easy to take,” he said.
Rooney, who reportedly earns £250,000 a week, had been linked with a transfer to a number of clubs, including Paris Saint-Germain.
But Ferguson said: “There is no issue between myself and Wayne Rooney. To suggest we don’t talk is nonsense.
“He understood the reasons completely. Tactically we got it right. We don’t always but we did then.
Ferguson, who revealed he had banned The Daily Mail and The Independent newspapers “until they apologise” for the Rooney story, said the striker would be involved against Chelsea in the FA Cup quarter-final on Sunday.
However, he declined to say if he would start.

You may also like